Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes...

Just thought I would start with a Myles funny. He came out to the kitchen tonight and told me that his sister gave his butt a purple nurple! So funny!

It has been hard to get to this site to blog. I may be looking for a new site soon. Bear with me...

Kids had a good day today. When Trysten tells me about her day she sounds so....teenage. It makes me smile and makes me sad at the same time. I love that she likes to fill me in on all of her girly drama goings ons. I hope she and I are always this close!

After supper I went in to her room to read with her and her room is such a mess and it makes me crazy! My room was a pit when I was growing up too, so why does it grow to bother me so much?! Makes my blood pressure boil. LOL. I just climbed over things on her floor, made room for myself on the bed, and tried not to look around much! LOL! I know that one day, we will just remember the laughs we shared and not so much how high my BP was when I caught sight of her room! Right?!

August was kind of scarce tonight. He is just a "on his own" kind of kid. He is very good at occupying himself, even when we want to hang with him. Then if he does hang out with us, he is driving us bonkers by talking non-stop about Harry Potter this or that. Ugh. He does say the sweetest things though. At bed time, he came to tell me that Myles was mad at me and said I was mean because I wouldn't let him sleep with Trysten (we were still reading her AR book), and he told Myles that mom wasn't mean and that I was the best mom in the world and that he should NEVER say that again. LOL. It really didn't hurt my feelings what Myles said. But August was worried it might. So sweet. That is my August. Always caring about others feelings. God I love that kid!

Myles had a headache this afternoon. Poor guy. I hope he isn't coming down with something. He actually slept this afternoon at nap time. Not usual for him. Anyway, like I said above, he was mad at me at bed time. Not really mad, just couldn't believe that I told him no apparently! He is definately the baby of the family, and knows how to work it! He does this funny pleading face that melts my heart every time, even though I know it is a ploy! I will have to try to take a picture of it if he cooperates and will ham it up for the camera. If I can get it I will post it tomorrow!

Well, I am going to head off to bed so that I can muster the energy to get up and do it all again bright and early tomorrow. Off to kiss the kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment