Sunday, January 2, 2011

Now that kids are all in bed....

I have a few minutes to do some reflecting.  This last year was a great year for our family. 

Lots of firsts. 

I started my daycare, which was such a great decision for our family. 

We got our first truck and camper, and had the most amazing time over the summer!  We made the best memories!  I think we camped almost every weekend!  I think we may have missed 4 weekends! 

Trysten started school in the middle school!  How can that be?!  She was just a baby, wasn't she?!  She is such an amazing girl.  I remember her being this little chatty toddler with pig tails and big blue eyes!  Now she is a chatty tween who rolls those big blue eyes at me at LEAST 20 times a day!  There have been other firsts with her this year, but she would TOTALLY kill me if I talked about them here!  Suffice it to say that her father would like to throw away all of her sweaters out because he said they all have bumps, lol!  Ok...enough. 

August is pretty stead fast.  He is just.....August.  He is an incredible kid.  He enjoyed our camping adventures and has become quite a good swimmer.  He is very independent and keeps himself very busy.  He has discovered the wonders of Harry Potter.  He is reading the novels and has quite a few of the lego sets.  He is doing well in 3rd grade and just told me this evening that he is excited to get back to school to see his friends!  What a sweet boy!

My Myles.  What can I say.  He keeps us laughing.  He says the funniest things!  I am excited to have a place to write them down to remember them forever!  He enjoyed our camping as well this year.  He wanted to sleep in the camper even when we weren't camping!  Myles had his first day of preschool this last fall, and unfortunately only went for about 2 weeks.  He just wasn't ready, we will try again this Fall.  He is, of course, into Harry Potter also.  Anything August loves, Myles loves.  They are two peas in a pod! 

Alright, I have to prepare for our day tomorrow.  Kiddos have to go back to school tomorrow, and Bryan back to work after having almost 2 weeks off!  I am going to miss everyone!  But lots of new memories to be made, so on we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment